Having Kylie Verzosa as a cover girl has given us more reasons to celebrate than we can count. Gracing our covers and imparting wisdom through wonderful occasions such as the dawn of a new decade, the season of love (and self-love), and now the month of women empowerment, Kylie shows us why we couldn’t have asked for a wiser, kinder, and more inspirational #CalyxtaGirl. With her deeply rooted advocacy on mental health, self-love, and indelible strength, she teaches us how valuable celebrating not only occasions but especially one’s self.
With love for Kylie, love for beauty, love for self, and the anticipation of bright, bubbling days to come, join us in putting on this playful draped blush in sparkling champagne!
1. After applying moisturizer, start off the look with a smooth, natural-looking base using Rimmel’s Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation! From the center of the face (or the areas that need the most coverage), dot this mousse foundation and blend outward using a dense foundation brush or a beauty sponge. Build up as needed!
2. Should you need brightening or extra coverage, try on this dual-ended concealer pen. The liquid concealer works wonders for brightening the undereye area, while the pencil end helps cover redness and blemishes. Apply to affected areas as needed, then lightly pat using a beauty sponge or your fingers to blend.
3. Going two-for-two with Cathy Doll in this look! For those looking for a neat, micro bladed look like Kylie’s, but struggle with sparse brows, this just might be your saving grace. This brow tint features a unique four-pronged applicator that easily fills in sparse areas, but also creates thin, natural-looking strokes that mimic the growth of hair. To use, simply swipe upwards in gentle strokes to create a separated look.
4. The highlight of this look is the gorgeous champagne gold starting from the center of the cheeks up to the temples, and the Luna Organics Clay Blush Stick is perfect for just that! Using the summer shade, take some onto your fingers and blend into the skin in small, rapid pats. Build up the pigment until you’re satisfied with the flush of color.
Then, take some onto the lids for a perfect monochromatic match!
5. Add a little bit of definition to the eyes using this adorably compact duo-palette from Dear Dahlia! Using the brown matte shade, blend the pigment into both the inner third and outer third of the eye, leaving the center open for shimmer. Take a packing brush (or your finger!) into the beige shimmer and add an ethereal twinkle right down the center of the lid. With the excess, add some shine to your inner corners as well.
6. Never forget your mascara! Lashes bring together any look, and the key to long, separated strands that could pass off as natural? KissMe Heroine Make! This film-type mascara lengthens the lashes while its No-Clump brush ensures a smooth, spider-free finish. After curling your lashes, apply the mascara in an upwards motion starting (and focusing) on the base. Bonus: because of its filmy formulation, it comes off easily with cleanser!
7. A 6-shade face palette under P1,000? The audacity! This defining face palette from Rude Cosmetics is a need for any beauty enthusiast, as it comes with 3 different contour shades and 3 highlight shades. To achieve Kylie’s natural-looking glow, take a contour shade all over the perimeters of the face and blend them into your hairline. Then, lightly blend some right under the cheekbone, following the natural dip of your bone structure up until it’s vertically aligned with the end of your eyebrow. Take some under the jaw and to the sides of the nose for added definition!
To highlight, take the golden highlight onto a fan brush and lightly sweep onto the cheekbone up to temples. Then, with a very light hand, take the more sheer shade onto the tip of the nose and the nose bridge for an extra pop.
8. Finish off the look with a nude lip. The Rom&nd Zero Gram Lipstick is PERFECT for the matte-but-not-too-matte look tha t gives off a blurring effect without the dry, cracking feeling! For this look, Kylie has on a more tan kind of nude, so ditch the pinks and try on All That Jazz. Swipe on as desired and layer up to build color.
Julia is Calyxta’s resident crazy plant lady with an unstoppable caffeine addiction and an ever-increasing love for glitter eye shadow. When she’s not staring out the window mulling over the correctness of her grammar, she can be found drawing on eyeliner, watching anime, reading books, or petting strangers’ dogs.
Other Products You Might Like:
Glossier Pink Pouch SmallPHP 50 Choose Option Quick View Brand: Glossier
Milani Baked BlushPHP 500 Choose OptionQuick View Brand: Milani
COSRX Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle CleanserPHP 540 Choose Option Quick View Brand: COSRX
Milani Stay Put Brow ColorPHP 500 Choose OptionQuick View Brand: Milani