Our #CalyxtaGirl gets romantic with luscious reds and pinks for this week’s look as she talks about everything beauty! In the meantime, read up to get the basics of how to recreate the look for yourself.
1. To keep your makeup from moving or melting in this Manila weather, apply a clear primer to start off your makeup look. Try the W7 PRIMER MAGIC CLEAR FACE PRIMER, P449, to prep your face for a smooth and flawless application. Allow it to set before moving on to the next step.
2. For a creamy, featherlight foundation with a dewy, glowing finish, try the W7 GENIUS FOUNDATION, P499, which feels very light on the skin yet gives an excellent coverage!
3. Conceal dark under eye circles and treat it at the same time using the MAYBELLINE INSTANT AGE REWIND ERASE, P399. This super-concentrated treatment concealer is infused with Goji Berry and Haloxyl, which helps stimulate and tone skin, and is known for effectively reducing the appearance of dark circles, lines, and wrinkles.
4. Set your concealer with the L.A. GIRL HD PRO SETTING POWDER – BANANA YELLOW, P300, for a universally wearable yellow-toned finishing powder. It mattifies skin while correcting redness and neutralizing dark under tones.
5. Lightly bronze your face to create that natural-looking definition by sweeping a natural bronzer (that is the closest match to your skin tone) across your forehead, cheeks, and along the nose and chin. Try the PIXI STROBE & BRONZE, P1,300, to get this sun-kissed warmth. Using the same palette, lightly apply highlighter along your nose bridge to get that same glow as Martine’s!
6. With the same concealer you used on your under eyes, apply a thin layer on your lids to act as an eyeshadow primer to keep the pigments from falling out. Get this simple natural eyeshadow look with the PINK SUGAR EYE CANDY EYESHADOW QUAD in CAFÉ LATTE, P399, just to give your eyes more dimension.
8. For natural-looking brows, try the GLOSSIER BOY BROW, P1,150, for an all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper. It has a sheer pigment load that gives your brows that natural oomph of color.
10. Get that romantic, muted red lip with the PINK SUGAR SUGARTINT LIP & CHEEK TINT in Code Red, P349.
Text by: Maan Fernandez