Our #CalyxtaGirl, Laura Lehmann, ends the month by wearing it bold and different as opposed to her Beauty Undone look in this week’s cover story! Recreate her vampy look from the previous week into a more subtle yet still daring makeup look!
Get the basics of this look by reading up on the following steps:
1. Prepare your base by properly priming your face to make sure you have a smooth canvas for your makeup. Try the RIMMEL LONDON STAY MATTE, P550, for an ultra-lightweight primer that won’t feel heavy nor greasy.
2. Achieve a natural-looking, full coverage with a seamless, semi-matte finish when you try THE ORDINARY COVERAGE FOUNDATION, P850. This foundation definitely looks like skin but better!
3. Set your foundation to make sure it doesn’t crease or cake up. Using your fluffy powder brush, apply the RIMMEL LONDON STAY MATTE PRESSED POWDER, P385, to also help control oil and shine for up to 5 hours, while minimizing the appearance of pores!
4. Go for a simple, natural-looking brow with this look to keep your look balanced. Simply fill in your brows using the PINK SUGAR HONEY I’M GOOD BROW GEL, P349, for a multi-purpose brow gel that fills in while conditioning brows at the same time since it’s formulated with Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera.
5. Play around the 3 CONCEPT EYES TRIPLE SHADOW EYESHADOW SET in NONONO, P1,245, to achieve this eye makeup look. Use the neutrals to create the gorgeous base gold color on your lids and use the purple shade to lightly apply under your lids and on the crease to create that extra drama and shadow.
6. Add more volume to your lashes using the MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES PUSH UP ANGEL WATERPROOF MASCARA, P459, for a voluminous winged arch that stays in place.
8. Lastly, complete this dark and dusky look using the newest MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY MATTE INK LIQUID LIPSTICK in Voyager, P299, for a deep, burgundy red shade.
9. Spritz on a bit of the MAYBELLINE FACE STUDIO MASTER FIX WEAR-BOOSTING SETTING SPRAY, P449, for a lightweight, translucent, oil-free setting spray to keep your makeup from fading or melting throughout the day!
Text by: Maan Fernandez