This November, you’ll be seeing our #CalyxtaGirl, Valerie Chua, in a totally different angle as she becomes a recreation of her very own art. For her first look, she pulls off this peachy monochromatic ensemble with a gorgeous crown of flowers on her head—looking like a lovely and enchanting deity as seen in her painting.
Find out how to get the look by reading up on these steps:
1. Start off by properly prepping your skin with a primer of your choice, depending on your skin type. If you have pores you wish to blur for a flawless canvas to your makeup application, try the ELLANA BLUR MAKEUP PRIMER, P599. This is perfect as well for those with oily skin, since it has an oil-absorbing formula that stays matte all day.
2. For a demi-matte finish that has good coverage and staying power, try the L’OREAL PARIS INFALLIBLE PRO-MATTE 24HR FOUNDATION, P700. It gives off that “my skin but better” finish since it looks au natural!
3. If you have dark undereye circles you wish to conceal, give the PINK SUGAR OUR LIL’ SECRET CONCEALER 2, P349, a try! It’s a creamy yet lightweight concealer with full-coverage that really does its job at brightening those undereyes.
4. Make sure to set your concealer to avoid creasing or ending up with a cakey undereye. Check out the COTY AIRSPUN LOOSE FACE POWDER, P630, which is a translucent loose powder that hides tiny lines, wrinkles, and blemishes with its ultra smooth cloudlike softness.
5. Many tend to overlook this step but applying an eyeshadow primer before moving on to playing up those lids is the key to making those colors stay in place. Plus, it helps in bringing out the pigments better to make those colors pop! A must-try is the best-selling URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PRIME ANTI AGING, P1,580, that delivers 24 hours of creaseless and vibrant eye color.
6. For the peachy monochromatic look like Valerie’s, go bold and play with the PAPRIKA MATTE AND SHIMMER EYESHADOW PALETTE, P1,895. Apply the shade, Mustard Yellow Matte, on your eyelids. Plus you can also use this same shade on your cheeks to really achieve that monochromatic look!
9. Lastly, put on a lippie that is the same shade as the Mustard Yellow Matte on your lids and cheeks to perfectly achieve the peachy monochromatic look! Try the PINK SUGAR HD LIPSTICK in Butter, P299, that has a creamy formula that glides on effortlessly. Plus, it’s formulated with Vitamin E and Shea Butter to keep your pretty puckers soft and moisturized!
Text by: Maan Fernandez