Gorgeously wearing the makeup staples of Japanese beauty, Jess Wilson pulled off the popular Igari blush trend for this week’s look. In English, Igari literally means “hangover makeup” since it’s meant to refer to that flushed look that Japanese women normally get when they drink alcoholic beverages.
If you are loving this trending makeup technique on our newest Calyxta Girl, here are the steps to achieve your own Japanese-inspired look!
1. Japanese makeup is all about that dewy and natural-looking glow. Prime your face with the MILANI PRIME LIGHT STROBING + PORE-MINIMIZING FACE PRIMER, P750, and let it sit for a while before applying your foundation.
2. The BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX SERUM FOUNDATION, P1,000, (now only P950!) is the perfect match for that dewy finish. It is made from Vitamin-rich fruit formula that help create an even complexion, and give an instant anti-fatigue effect! It gives your skin that boost of radiance for up to 16 hours.
3. Lightly dab on some of the MILANI RETOUCH + ERASE LIGHT-LIFTING CONCEALER, P700, to conceal the look of dark undereye circles with an added face brightening effect.
4. Set your concealer and foundation in place with the RCMA NO COLOR POWDER, P850, to avoid creasing.
5. Of course, the highlight of this look is the blush! Use the MILANI BAKED BLUSH, P600, (now only P570!) and apply it directly under the eye area or your inner cheeks instead of the apples. The Igari technique makes your face look innocent and youthful as your face becomes free of dark circles.
6. Go natural on the brows by lightly filling it in with a brow pencil like the COLOURPOP BROW PENCIL, P380.
7. For a natural curl that will hold all day, try the MAYBELLINE VOLUME EXPRESS HYPERCURL, P199, to brighten up your eyes.
8. To give your eyes some subtle and natural definition, go for a brown eyeliner shade like INGLOT KOHL PENCIL, P895, in shade 03. This liner quickly sets to a waterproof, smudge-proof, and transfer-proof finish.
9. Finish your look with MILK MAKEUP LIP + CHEEK, P1,750, in the shade Perk, for that natural tint on your lips.
Text by: MAAN FERNANDEZ
Photographer: ANDREA BELDUA
Makeup: SYDNEY HELMSLEY
Hair: SUYEN SALAZAR
Fashion Styling: JESS WILSON
Special thanks to: MASTERS FLYING SCHOOL AT PLARIDEL AIRPORT, BULACAN and AVIAIR AVIATION SCHOOL FOR THE PINK PANTHER PLANE