What you put on your face is dependent on what you put in your body. If you’ve tried every product in the market to achieve flawless skin and still don’t have it, maybe it’s time to consider eating your way to healthy skin instead.
Let’s first go through the bad stuff. These don’t only cause problematic skin but premature aging, too. Can you spell ruddy and sallow?
1. Caffeine. Found in coffee, tea, colas and energy drinks. A diuretic that drains the skin of water and natural moisture, it’s no wonder it leads to premature lines and wrinkles. A big caution to coffee lovers: replace one cup of coffee with three cups of water to prevent dehydration.
2. Sugar. Present in candy, soda, desserts and syrups. Artificial sweeteners are the worst. All of the above increase inflammation. So if you are prone to pimples, these won’t help at all in getting rid of them.
3. Processed food. Found in canned goods, hot dogs, instant noodles, etc. Contains unhealthy fats and carbs which cause acne.
4. Greasy food. Chips, deep-fried food, fast food and margarine. Trans-fatty acids boost hormones that produce acne.
1. Fatty acids. Wild salmon, cod, flaxseed and almonds. These foods help retain water and soothes stressed out skin.
2. Whole grains. Brown rice, wild rice, barley. The fiber content flushes out toxins from the body.
3. Vitamin B6. Found in cauliflower, sunflower seeds, walnuts and avocado. These foods keep hormones in check.
4. Any fruit. High in antioxidants which help maintain skin health.
There is no product to show