Like clothes or a fitness regimen, tailor-fit is always best. Why force a ten or fifteen-step skin care routine into your schedule, when you don’t even have time for breakfast, let alone make your bed?
Here, I’ve laid down the most basic of regimens—one that we can all begin with and build up from thereon. All you need is five minutes! Feel free to add products into the routine as needed, depending on your free time, your beauty budget, and your energy.
1. Wash with water because honestly did your skin go through dirt and pollution while you were asleep? In your dreams, maybe, but not in real life. All you really need is water, or maybe a mild facial wash like CosRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser, P600
2. Use a toner to prepare your face for the healthy ingredients it is about to absorb. This step additionally cleanses and balances your skin’s pH levels, too. SKIN by John Robert Powers’ Hydrating Toner, P349, is non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic.
3. Don’t forget to put on eye cream, because you wouldn’t want to neglect the so-called “windows to your soul.” Eye creams are essential no matter your age, to prevent wrinkles and puffiness, and other nasty signs of aging.
5. Sun protection!!! Despite overcast skies and a gloomy weather, they say always and forever wear sun protection. As with your lips, choose products with SPF protection, such as the Moisturizing Lip Colors from SKIN by John Robert Powers, P499.
2. Cleanse again with a foamy facial wash Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam 150ML, P510, for peace of mind. Honestly, even if the first step already promises a total cleanse, I find this step still necessary. It won’t take long!
4. Pat your face with an ampoule or a serum (some do both!) that targets your specific skin concern (pores, wrinkles, oiliness, there are a gazillion, to be honest). These are usually super concentrated and will need a bit of time to absorb before you put on the next product.
Patti Sunio aka Tita Pacita
Tita Pacita of www.titapacita.com is a lifestyle, culture, and fashion & beauty writer from Manila. With her wisdom and almost thirty years of life experience, she likes to share what she knows and give unsolicited advice, true to her Tita ways. Her makeup choices are primarily based on instinct, and, believe it or not, K-Beauty.
Other Products You Might Like: