Follow Martine Cajucom’s Instagram feed and you’ll instantly know she’s big on the monochromatic makeup look trend. It’s all about wearing your eyes, lips, and cheeks within one shade range. If you have yet to try it, it can be just the perfect new look to welcome the new year!
Keep reading to get the basics of this look:
1. Put down your mattes and go for a moisturizing, dewy primer. The MILANI PRIME LIGHT STROBING + PORE-MINIMIZING FACE PRIMER, P500, blurs the look of pores and fine lines with soft focus pigments that give off brighter-looking and radiant skin.
2. Get that glowing and fresh finish like Martine’s by trying the BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION, P1,000. It’s enriched with crystalline pigments to even out your complexion while letting in natural light for that healthy-looking glow!
3. Go for a lightweight concealer to keep it looking as natural as possible as you conceal your dark under eye circles for instant freshness. The COLOURPOP NO FILTER CONCEALER, P450, is a lightweight, creamy concealer with soft-blurring pigments that won’t crease.
4. Set your foundation and concealer with the GLOSSIER WOWDER, P1,650, to keep your base in place and even out skin tone.
5. With the same concealer you used to conceal your dark under eye circles, apply a thin layer on your lids as your eyeshadow primer. Allow it to set and add that pop of peach on your lids with the TOO FACED SWEET PEACH EYE SHADOW COLLECTION, P3,500. Play with the shades Candied Peach and Just Peachy to achieve Martine’s eye look. Make sure to blend it well!
6. Work on creating a simple wing to better define your eyes using the PIXI EYE DEFINE WATERLINE, P780. It has a slim tip that is easy and gentle to apply.
8. Lightly apply a subtle contour using the CHARLOTTE TILBURY FILMSTAR BRONZE & GLOW, P4,500, to add gorgeous depth to your face. Using the same palette, apply some of the highlighter to brighten your eyes, sculpt your nose, enhance your pout, and accentuate your cheeks.
9. Achieve feathered brows using a clear brow gel by applying it upward. The COLOURPOP CLEAR BROW BOSS GEL, P450, is a matte, clear brow gel that instantly tames and grooms your brows to stay in place the whole day!
10. Don’t forget to curl your lashes and make sure that pretty curl holds by applying at least two layers of the W7 ABSOLUTE LASHES MASCARA, P449, for an instant extra boost of volume and length!
11. Lastly, complete your monochromatic look with a lippie that is a similar shade as your eyeshadow and blush. For this particular look, try the PINK SUGAR HD LIPSTICK in BUTTER, P299, which is a pretty nude-peachy shade.
Text by: Maan Fernandez