Looking as timeless as ever, Maureen flaunts yet another classic look from the 1950s. This week’s look is in collaboration with New York-based hat designer, Carmina de Dios, as our Calyxta Girl wears this stunning headpiece to complement her bold plum lips.
Get this week’s look by following these steps:
1. Start your look by applying a primer that suits your skin type. If you’re more on the oily side, try the ELLANA BLUR MAKEUP PRIMER, P599, which has an oil-absorbing formula for that matte finish all day. If you’re part of Team Dry Skin, you can try the MILANI PRIME LIGHT STROBING + PORE-MINIMIZING FACE PRIMER, P600, for a hydrating and glowing finish.
3. Keep those under eye circles covered with Pink Sugar’s lightweight OUR LIL’ SECRET CONCEALER 2, P349, that is very easy to blend.
4. Save your foundation and concealer from melting and caking up by setting it in with MAYBELLINE FIT ME POWDER, P399, that mattifies and leaves you with a poreless-looking finish that has long-lasting shine control.
5. Bronze it up with the RIMMEL NATURAL BRONZER, P435, to balance off your look and achieve that warm, sun-kissed glow.
7. Try the TARTE CHEEK STAIN, P1,650, for a natural-looking flush. Dot onto the apples of your cheeks and blend with your fingers.
9. Instantly brighten up your eyes by curling your lashes and applying the MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES PUSH UP ANGEL WATERPROOF MASCARA, P459, for a voluminous winged arch full of drama.
11. Lastly, Janina shares, “I used a plum lip color to finish the look. You can also put a faux mole just above your cheek if you’re feeling extra playful.” Try the L’OREAL PARIS COLOR RICHE ROUGE MAGIQUE in 901 The Fort, P400, to achieve that beautiful plum lip look.
Text by: Maan Fernandez